All this talk of Snow in the NW has me eagerly looking out my window waiting for those big white fluffy flakes. I love snowflakes….what girl doesn’t. Snowflakes are so beautiful in texture and I love watching those tiny flakes cover the world making everything outside look fresh and fun!
That said, do you know where I hate flakes?? My forehead! Once the crisp weather hits the battle of the dry forehead flakes is on. I used to just wipe more and more moisturizers on, try heavier creams, hope, beg, and pray to the skin gods that I could find something that could help.
I would love to say that my dry skin winter battle just takes place on my forehead, but no as the winter progresses the war forages beyond my face, down my back and across my arms and legs! Before I know it my entire body is in an all out war and I’ll I do is itch..itch..scratch..itch…
Here are some helpful hints that I have found to help you battle winter skin!
- · Moisturizer the body as soon as you get out of the shower.
- o Want a unique way to trap in moisture? Body Smother is applied while slightly damp. Lock in moister and smooth your skin with Vitamin E & A, Algae Extracts, and Aloe!
- · Slightly heavier moisturizers are great to sooth dry skin…but why not pack a punch with a specialized treatment plan!
- · Don’t take a super hot shower, which can dry out skin even more
- · Use a Hydrating Cleanser
- o Hydrating Cleansers are perfect for sensitive or dry skin. They are so mild and give you a smooth alternative to harsher cleansers that can strip skin of natural moister. If you want a creamy way to wash your face, start with Creamy Cleansing Lotion.
Hopefully with these tips you can escape the battle of winter skin once and for all! Now you can have more time to appreciate the beauty of feathery white snow.
January 18, 2012 | Posted by Heather